Epson printer may encounter certain errors. Try these steps to sort it out. In case of any difficulty, contact Epson support number.
You encounter Printer not activated Error Code – 20 when you try to save as PDF on Windows 10, 8.1 or 7. This is due to the reason that the PDF Converter is unable to read the activation code. Some other users noticed that after a Microsoft update and then tried printing an Adobe document they received this error message.Therefore, the error may be instigated if the incorrect printer is set as the default printer, the printer driver is missing, or if there are problems in the device manager.
So to fox this printer not activated error code 20, you need to perform the suggested steps. In case of any problem, dial Epson support phone number. Experts will get in contact with you and fix your issue in no time.
Major causes of this error
There are a number of reasons why the non-activated Epson Printer Error Code 20 happens.
- Errors in the registry of the system.
- No printer driver is available.
- Clashes exist in the device manager.
- The default printer is not fixed to the printer you are using.
To resolve this error, you must confirm that your EPSON Printer is configured properly and there are no smashed or corrupt settings on your PC that could stop your printer from working. Here are the suggested steps to fix this issue that you should perform.
How to overcome Epson Printer not activated Error Code 20
You must confirm that the EPSON printer is really working before you start fixing the error. You can print a self-analysis page to do this and examine the USB connectivity from the printer to your computer when you have done that. If you have completed these errands successfully, the given methods can then be applied to fix the error.
- Make Sure The Printer You Are Using Is Set As The Default Printer
The main reason you should perform this is that you may face the same problem in the future when you try to print a document. Always ensure that it is fixed as the default printer if you purchase another printer.
- Click on the “Start” menu and then go to the“Fax and Printer” option.
- Go through the Printers folder and move to the Step 2 if you don’t have the preferred printer icon.
- Though, if there is the preferred icon, go to the check mark which is next to it. This denotes that the default printer is set.
- If no check mark is there, then right-click on the printer and hit the option “Set as Default Printer”.
- To print a Windows self-analysis page, right-click on the printer and choose the Print Test Page.
- Close the printer folder if the page prints positively and perform a print of a word document.
- Reinstall The USB Composite Device
Reinstalling the USB device is just to start with the so-called “new” printer. Reinstalling the device is just what it needs to function appropriately. Follow the given steps to do this.
- Right-click and then choose the “Properties” option from My Computer.
- Hit the tab “Hardware” and then hit the“Device Manager” option.
- Double-click on the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” in the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the “Device Composite USB”, after that, choose the“Uninstall” option and hit OK.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your PC and then reconnect it.
- Perform the on-screen commands in the Found New Hardware Wizard for installing the drivers.
To open the Printers folder, click on the “Start” option, then go to“Printer and Faxes” option.
- Go to your EPSON printer icon and then hit the Print Test Page to print a self-analysis page.
- Exit all the windows and do a print out of document if the self-test page prints positively.
- Uninstall And Reinstall The EPSON Software
If the above steps do not fix the inactivated Epson Printer Error Code 20, then the EPSON printer software should be uninstalled and then reinstalled. Use the Add / Remove Programs utility built in to perform this.
- Clear The Registry
One of EPSON Printer Error 20 chief reason is due to the corrupt or smashed parts of the registry that stop your computer from using the printer. The registry is a Windows system database that keeps vital settings and files that need to be executed by the computer and software. It has to read many registry settings every time you access your software to help run it.But inappropriately, many of these settings get smashed and corrupted, making it problematic for the Windows to read them. To resolve this, use a“registry cleaner” program to clear the registry.
Still, the issue persists, then dial Epson Support number. Experts will get in touch with you and solve your problem in seconds. They give you the best tips and tricks so that you will not encounter this problem again in the future.