There are certain errors which you may encounter during the operation of Epson printer. The most common error is communication error. Perform the below steps to deal with it.
Epson printer communication error happens when the printer is not able to communicate with the connected devices. Because of this, the printer fails to identify your device and scan the document stored in it. Thus the printer unexpectedly stops working and you won’t get the desired printout. The problem arises when you haven’t plugged in the power cord properly or the printer is not connected to your device. This issue is faced by both the wired printers as well as wireless printers. Network issue is the most common reason in the case of wireless printers. It may happen that your system is not adjustable with the printer or the application software is not set up correctly. Your Epson printer communication will definitely be messed up if you are using a wrong interface cable or a defective socket. Outmoded printer drivers or firmware are the other causes of a communication error.
Given below are some steps to fix a communication error on Epson printer. Follow these steps gradually and to get more information about it you may contact Epson Printer Support Number. Experts will get in touch with you and resolve your problem in the best possible way.
DIY steps to fix this interruptive error
Perform the below steps to deal with this error.
- Reset The Connection
- Detach the printer from the power socket and your PC.
- Swap the Ethernet cable with a new one and use it for joining the printer to your PC.
- Plug in the printer to a source of power and turn on your printer as well as your computer.
- Check whether the Epson printer is able to identify your PC or not.
- Run The Printer Troubleshooter
- Dab on the ‘Start’ menu and open the Control Panel.
- Find ‘Troubleshooter’ in the search box and dab ‘Enter’ to launch the troubleshooter.
- Search for ‘Hardware and Sound’ section and choose a printer.
- Dab on the ‘troubleshoot’ button that is located at the bottom of the screen.
- The troubleshooter then scans your printer and solves the minor technical bugs.
- Update The Printer Driver
- Replace the network cable for a wired printer then turn off your printer.
- Detach the network cable and connect it again to your PC after a few while.
- Join the router as well as the printer to the same Network.
- Search“Device Manager” from the search box and increase the ‘Network and Adapters’ section.
- Search your printer, right-click on it and choose the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- To save your valuable time, let Windows find automatically for the updated driver software.
- Windows go for an updated driver and install it. If it is adjustable with your system.
- Perform this task manually if Windows is not able to find the current driver.
- Update The Printer Firmware
- Go through the Control Panel and increase the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Choose your router and hit on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Right-click on the firmware and hit on the ‘Check for Updates’ link.
- Dab on the ‘Install Updates’ button that is next to each of the pending update and get them on your PC.
- Restart your printer as well as the router to allow them to accept the changes.
- Attach the Epson printer to your computer and the communication error won’t be there anymore.
- Check The Wireless Connection
- Click on ‘Printer scan settings’ in the search box and choose it from the list of search results.
- Hit on ‘Network Scanner Address’ connection on the ‘Scan settings’ window and click on the ‘Add button’ option.
- Properly check the name of the scanner and then click on ‘OK.’
- Go back to Command option to get the correct proxy server address and kindly note it.
- After that, provide the proxy server address in the required field and then click on ‘OK’ again.
- Write ‘ip config’ in the Command Prompt window and dab ‘Enter’ to get the code for the default gateway.
- Copy that code and paste it to the Command Prompt to use the logging page of the router.
- Use the same username and password to log into the router and search the devices to the network.
- If the IP address of the scanner is noticeable, then provide it in the browser to know the scanner properties.
- If the IP address is not visible, then choose the scanner application and provide the scanner’s address.
- At last, dab on the ‘Apply’ button to execute all these changes.
Still, you are facing any problem, then you can contact Epson Support to tackle the problem. Technicians will solve your issues in no time. They are professionals having experience and knowledge of the device. They are available for you round the clock.